Widget you Need

My accountability partner and I just reset our end of the year writing goals. It is unfortunate that we weren't going to make our previous ones, but life happens, even to writers.

I'm serious about this new goal, and to keep myself on track I've downloaded a free calculating widget for my Mac. This interactive graph will keep me up to date on my progress and count me down to my self imposed deadline.

Everyone at times needs encouragement and a reason to pat themselves on the back. Everyone at times also needs something to kick their tail into high gear, this widget does both. I can't argue with the numbers, if I'm behind I'm behind, and I need to get going.

If you own a Mac and want to download a widget like mine for free, visit: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/. PC users should have no trouble finding freeware that does the same thing. I'm using Countabit and I'm pleased. If you can't find a generic counting widget, try to find one intended for weight loss that will let you change the titles. There's tons to choose from.

Happy writing,

C