Update

Last night I finished my first round of edits on The Barfly From Apartment Twenty-One. I'm really excited about this story. It's cold, but it's beautiful at the same time. My goal is to enter it in the Glimmer Train short story contest, once it's ready.

This story has proven to me that as a writer I'm growing. Compared with my work from just a few months ago it's infinitely better. Writers, keep at it and read about the craft. It may not be apparent at first, but over time your skills solidify. Then one day you and I will be those writers that make writing look so easy to beginners.

The whole evolution reminds me of when I began running. It didn't seem like I'd ever make any headway. I gave in to the idea that I would forever be out of breath. Then out of nowhere, after two horrible months of plugging away it and running daily, my run times plummeted and I could hold a conversation after a three mile course.

Of course it's never easy, but it might get easier.

Cheers,

C