Playlists to Write to

Stephanie Meyer posted the playlists she listened to when writing her novels. The music was so telling. The songs provided a glimpse into her frame of mind as she created characters and scenes. Not to mention it introduced me to Muse, an excellent band.

This playlist includes all the songs that I play over and over when working on Faceless, however; certain songs are only for certain situations.

The lighter, fun songs are for when Mase is doing his "normal" thing.

The midsection is where I spend most of my time. When I am writing about a dark topic and trying to end on a positive note, these songs help.


The last section is for villain creation. I want my villains to be awesome because I like them so much. They listen to cool music.

So here goes:

Bare Foot Blue Jean Night: Jake Owen          (Only country entry I promise.)
The Fighter: Gym Class Heroes
Tonight, Tonight: Hot Chelle Rae
Lights and Sounds: Yellowcard
Shake it: Metro Station
Seventeen Forever: Metro Station                   (See the shift?)
Good Life: One Republic
Wide Awake: Katy Perry
We are Young: Tonight
Pumped Up Kicks: Foster The People
Somebody That I Used to Know: Gotye
Born to Die: Lana Del Rey
Blue Jeans: Lana Del Rey         (If you aren't listening to this your iPod must be broken.)
Heavy in Your Arms: Florence and the Machine
It Will Rain: Bruno Mars
Kings and Queens: 30 Seconds to Mars
Vindicated: Dashboard Confessional              (Changing gears again.)
Prelude 12/21: AFI
Supermassive Black Hole: Muse